Parking Announcement: With over 10,000 people coming to campus for this weekend, we recommend that you bus, taxi, or carpool. If you do drive, West Bank is accessible via the north entrance of Woodland Drive. There will be no access to the West Bank via Nassau Mills Drive. Parking is available on Trent's West Bank in all lots north of the Lady Eaton Bridge (lots J, K, M, N and O on the parking map). Enter campus via the north entrance via Woodland Drive from Water Street. Parking is available in all parking lots of Trent's East Bank. Please enter the East Bank of campus from East Bank Drive from Nassau Mills Road..
*Special Note: Pioneer Road is closed due to construction, but there will be access to East Bank from Nassau Mills Road.*
Between the Regatta, the Varsity Games, and the Alumni events, there is a lot going on this weekend! Be sure to check the full schedule to make sure you don't miss a thing. Visit the Homecoming Schedule 2017.
Saturday is Alumni Wristband Day, so check in with our Alumni team when you arrive on campus to get verified as Trent University Alum. Your wristband gives you access to the Alumni Fast Track Entry Line of the Beer Garden, the Alumni Pub Gathering, and more.
Some notable events:
Trent University Night at the Peterborough Petes (Thursday 7:05pm, Memorial Centre, Peterborough)
- Start your Homecoming celebrations early! Big discount on tickets to see our hometown OHL Peterborough Petes vs. the Oshawa Generals. Preferred regular bowl seating available for $10.00 (reg. 21.). Open to all Trent alumni, students, staff, faculty and retirees!
Wild Rock Outfitters Alumni Event (Friday AND Saturday, 10am-6pm, Wild Rock Outfitters, Charlotte St. Peterborough)
- Present your valid Trent ID (Alumni card, student card, or staff/faculty card) to receive a 10% discount on all non-sale merchandise. 5% will be donated to the Trent Alumni Affairs Excellence and Engagment Fund (funds alumni programming and services).
Trent Student Centre Grand Opening (Friday, 7pm-10pm, New Student Centre, West Bank Symons Campus)
- Open to all! Alumni are particularly encouraged to attend. Music by the band Sly Fox as well as student performances. Cash bar, finger foods, and refreshments. Speaking remarks at 8:00pm.
Presentation of TUAA Spirit of Trent Alumni Award to Caleb Smith '93 (Friday, 7:15pm, Justin Chiu Stadium, preceding the Men's varsity Rugby game vs. University of Waterloo)
- Alumni are encouraged to fill the Justin Chiu Stadium to honour Trent Alumnus, Caleb Smith '93 as he is honoured for his extensive volunteerism and leadership with the Men's Rugby Booster Club and Alumni Chapter leadership in the Niagara area. Speakers include current Athletic Director, Deborah Bright-Brundell, founding Athletic Director, P.S.B. Wilson (Director from 1966-2002) and Director of Alumni Affairs, Lee Hays '91.
Men's Trent Rugby Booster Club Fundraising Pub Night (Friday 9pm - 12:30am Peterborough Pagans Rugby Club)
- Entry fee and Age of Majority ID required. Entry Fee is $5.00 cash only.
- Silent Auction in support of the Varsity Men's Rugby team.
Alumni Pub Gathering in the Ceilie Pub (Saturday 12pm - 5pm, the Ceilie)
- Be sure to spend some time in the Ceilie at the Alumni Pub Gathering (Family Friendly). Alumni are welcome to bring one guest (or their family). Food will be available for sale.
- Alumni ID must be shown to gain access. There will be staff to verify your alumni status at the door if you lost your alumni card. You will need valid government-issued photo ID (driver's license, health card, etc.). Age of Majority ID for liquor service is required.
- Live music from 2:00pm - 5:00pm. Alumni contests with prize giveaways.
PRC Family Friendly Canal Side Viewing & Beer Garden (Saturday, 12pm-6pm, Peterborough Rowing Club)
- Family Friendly all ages area run by the Peterborough Rowing Club.
- Canal side regatta viewing, food sales and beer garden service with Age of Majority ID.
Red Dog Tavern Afterparty! (Saturday evening, Red Dog Tavern, Hunter St. Peterborough)
- The Red Dog Tavern welcomes Trent Alumni to continue their celebration in downtown Peterborough.
- The night will feature a DJ!
- No cover fee for Trent Alumni. Just show your Alumni ID!
Of course this is all just a small example of the Homecoming sporting events and soirees. Please see the FULL SCHEDULE for more details.